|Browse by Location||Pinellas County|
|Pasco County||Hillsborough County|
|Waterfront Communities||Gated Communities|
|Golf Course Communities||No HOA Homes|
A golf community is one where residential housing is available and built around a golf course.
Florida has the most golf courses available in the U.S and is home to more than 1,500 different golf courses scattered throughout the sunshine state. Despite being known as a retirement state, it offers communities for various people, including working professionals, golfers over the age of 55, and families.
Florida is surrounded by the Gulf of Mexico, and the Atlantic Ocean, which offers beautiful waterfront views for living and playing. The rolling hills of Central Florida provide picturesque lakes and vistas for challenging and new golfing experiences.
While living in a golf course community can be exciting, there can also be downsides to it. Here are some of the pros and cons of doing so:
- Regular Home Maintenance – When you buy a home in a golf course community, it will be compulsory for you to join its HOA (Homeowners Association). It means that you don’t have to worry about lawn and pool care and pest prevention; the HOA will manage it.
- Bundled Costs – In many communities, purchasing a home includes an additional golf course membership. It is considered to be a bundled purchase and is preferred by avid golfers who are budget-conscious.
- Safety in a Gated Community – One of the primary reasons people buy homes in a golf course community is the gated environment. Most gated communities tend to question visitors, provide passes for entry, and have security guards patrolling the streets throughout the day and at night.
- Closely-Knit Communities – Residents in a golf course community regularly have access to social events and festivals to connect with the other residents compared to those that may miss out on such opportunities outside.
- Inability to Rent Your Home – Most HOA’s do not allow residents to rent out their homes for additional income, and if they do, there may be restrictions involved. Even if you’re not living in the home, you will still have to pay expenses.
- Noise from Maintenance- While you’re free from excessive noise within the gated community, you may still get disturbed with early morning maintenance and vehicles allotted by the HOA.
- Difficulty Leaving the Club and Selling Your Home – If at any time you decide to leave the club and sell your home, it won’t be an easy process. A non-equity member will lose their initiation fee, while an equity member will need to continue paying annual dues until they are replaced by someone new.
- Not Fitting in With the Club Culture – If you’re deciding on living in a golf course community for the first time, you may not fit in with their culture, which may make life difficult since there are so many events and a close-knit community is encouraged.
Golf Course Homes for Sale
Here are some of the options that you have:
Ave Maria is a master-planned community located in the Naples area of Florida. Residential neighborhoods span over the community, along with the popular town center in the heart of the district. Residents of the community enjoy access to parks, a golf club, tennis clubs, waterparks, and picnic spots where you can spend your day having fun.
The community also has access to some of the best K-12 schools and more than 100 miles of multi-purpose trails.
Located five minutes away from Fernandina Beach, this gated community offers some of the best neighborhoods, which are surrounded by a plethora of restaurants, shopping facilities, and local attractions that are just a short walk away from Downtown.
Apart from being just 34 minutes away from the Jackson International Airport, newer homesites are coming up around lakes, with no back-to-back lots, and are perfect for adventures!
This beautiful master-planned community in Naples has won many awards for its 54,000 square foot club and spa, including a golf club, with 18 holes for professional golfers. The Tarpon Club has a beach pavilion, which offers fine dining with picturesque waterfront views, and fun activities to indulge in on the water after your meals.
The community of Grand Haven is situated in Palm Coast and offers a 4,000-acre nature preserve with lush green meadows. It has the Jack Nicklaus golf course, which shows up on the list of 100 best golf courses in Link Magazine.
You can find luxurious properties, white sandy beaches, excellent healthcare, and many outdoor activities as you head out of your backyard.
Have Questions? Ask The Grant Homes Group & Coast2Coast Realty!
The Grant Homes Group & Coast2Coast Realty is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give us a call today at (888) FLA-GULF (888-352-4853) to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.