|Browse by Location||Pinellas County|
|Pasco County||Hillsborough County|
|Waterfront Communities||Gated Communities|
|Golf Course Communities||No HOA Homes|
Florida is dotted with numerous gated communities. As a matter of fact, many locations across the sunny state are completely behind a gated entrance. A gated community reflects security, affluence, and stability.
When looking for your property in Florida, it’s important to weigh all of the advantages and disadvantages of a gated community over a non-gated one. Here are some of the pros and cons of a gated community to understand before exploring a few of them:
- Security – Usually the first thing people think of when living in a gated community. The traffic within is monitored. Because of this, gated communities tend to have a lower crime rate.
- Privacy – You generally tend to feel a sense of privacy in a gated community. You’re not going to have unknown people driving through your neighborhood, no solicitations, and no strangers wandering or walking around your home.
- Exclusivity – Not every community is gated, so there’s a sense of exclusivity when buying a home in a gated community.
- Low Traffic – Because only residents and their guests will travel across the community, you do not have a whole lot of traffic to deal with; this results in streets that are quieter and safer.
- More Expensive – Most of these communities have homeowner associations, which require a certain fee. This fee can be as little as $25 a month, up to several thousand dollars annually.
- Stricter Regulations During Sale – When selling a home in a gated community, you may have potential rules and regulations. You may be restricted from putting up sale signs in your yard, or in the community at all.
- Invasion of Privacy – While being monitored to an extent does provide a sense of security, it may sometimes feel like an invasion of your privacy.
- Rigid Rules – As with any association, homeowners are expected to play by the rules and regulations of the HOA. Irrespective of your stand on these rules and regulations, you will have to abide by the CC&Rs.
Homes for Sale in Gated Communities
The Best Gated Communities in Florida
Cypress Falls- North Port
At Cypress Falls near Sarasota, residents enjoy regular events conducted by a Lifestyle Director responsible for entertainment, clubs, and classes throughout the year. Here you can experience the low-maintenance resort-style lives complemented by a vibrant array of amenities, including a clubhouse, grand ballroom, fitness center, games and activity rooms, library, and more. Outside the clubhouse, you’ll find a beach-entry resort pool, spa, dog park, and courts for pickleball, bocce, and tennis.
“Solivita” is derived from the words “sun” and “life”, the perfect name for this gated community. Solivita gives you an exciting lifestyle filled with amenities, scheduled events, and beautiful residences. Here you get to choose from a selection of open-concept floor plans to build your new living space or browse through the available quick move-in homes. At Solivita, you can find beautifully crafted homes ranging in size from 1,364 – 2,929 square feet.
Amelia National- Fernandina Beach
Being located close to the Jacksonville Airport, Amelia Island, and the beach makes Amelia National a desirable location in Fernandina Beach.
A new phase of Amelia National focuses more on the popular smaller sites starting at 1,980 square feet. Most of the sites in this phase are carefully located so that there are no back-to-back lots. The wide selection of living spaces on offer here is perfect if you’re downsizing or upsizing your home.
Arden- Palm Beach
Centered around a five-acre farm in Palm Beach County, this gated community features amenities and activities inspired by nature and focused on healthy living.
Arden has a spacious clubhouse, a two-tiered swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness center, 20 miles of biking & walking trails, among other things.
Here, you have a selection of homes and villas by builders such as Ryan Homes, Lennar, Kenco Communities, and D.R. Horton. Here you can expect homes that showcase forward-thinking designs that complement Florida’s natural beauty.
Johns Island- Indian River Shores
Spread over 1,650 acres in Indian River Shores, John’s Island is packed with gorgeous houses and recreational areas. Located in Indian River Shores, it is a stylish town where you can enjoy life. Not only do you get to enjoy nature, elegant structures, fine dining, and shopping but just south of the community is the famous Vero Beach.
Some of the reasons why the properties here are expensive is because the scenic ocean views on offer are coupled with classy Georgian design.
John’s Island offers many residential property options, making it easier for you to choose a good fit for you.
Have Questions? Ask The Grant Homes Group & Coast2Coast Realty!
The Grant Homes Group & Coast2Coast Realty is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give us a call today at (888) FLA-GULF (888-352-4853) to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.